Mid-Atlantic/ Greater Philadelphia, PA
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Senior Analyst, Information Science and Taxonomy
March 2021 – present.
Taxonomy Strategies is an information management consultancy that specializes in applying taxonomies, metadata, automatic classification, and other information retrieval and semantic technologies to the needs of business.
Current/ Recent assignments:
• Establishing the metadata strategy to enable the digital scanning of thousands of documents at a major metropolitan public transit agency.
• Advising and managing a website modernization project for a boutique consulting firm.
• Developing a global taxonomy and metadata strategy for a multinational sanitation and pest control company.
• Member of a contract taxonomy team at a major consulting company, developing a client business vocabulary focusing on the “path to purchase” guest experience, enabling the transformation of a century-old multinational hotel and hospitality corporation toward client and guest-centric operations.
• Mapping complex content sources, using taxonomy expertise, to support the implementation of a new service offered by a global and internationally recognized non-profit organization. This project included database/software development, to unify the team's data, vastly improving the quality of the deliverable.
Client Experience Program Lead
Apr 2020 - Present
Advise on methods and procedures for client support engagement, product oﬀering management, and consultative selling methods. Participate in technical solution project design, including knowledge management solutions, information architecture methods and user experience projects.
Information Design & Management Solutions, LLC
ID&MS offers solutions to maximize the effectiveness of information in your company, creating excellence in the customer experience.
Jan 2020 – Present. Current/Recent engagements:
• Developing an auto-categorization/ text analytics system for a 50-year-old major technology publisher.
• Configuring small and medium-sized businesses for onboarding to a new ‘supplier market’ platform designed to eliminate friction in trade arrangements and improve efficiency in the supply chain.
• Working with a county-level Tourist Board to establish an e-commerce platform that would enable local products to be sold as “gift bundles,” based on the customers’ selections.
User Experience Design Immersive Apprentice
July – October 2019
San Francisco Bay Area
Graduated from General Assembly's full-time 12-week UX Design Immersive Apprenticeship program, October 2019.
Produced individual and team projects, centered on:
Completed rapid prototyping, to solve real-world problems with actual clients, in the San Francisco region, including the San Francisco Department of Public Health.
Professional Leave of Absence - Education
July 2019-October 2019
Tower Leader - Data Center Transformation Program
December 2018-July 2019
Delivery Partner Executive
January 2018-December 2018
Project Executive - Operational Client Service
April, 2016-January 2018
Lead IT Client Consultant
AT&T Hosting, Cloud & Application Services
May 2011 - Mar 2016
Head Research Librarian
October 1997-April 2011
General Assembly (SF)
Certificate, User Experience Design
Simmons University GSLIS (Boston)
M.Sc. Information Science
Hampshire College (Amherst, MA)
BA, Communications, Journalism, and Related Programs
Accomplished strategic leader who works collaboratively across the enterprise to eliminate gaps and inefficiencies in information structures and user interface design. Utilizes systems analysis and project management expertise, mentoring teams in designing and implementing solutions that resolve omissions and pitfalls, in the way information is managed and used across the organization. Advocates and ensures high customer satisfaction by designing the information ecosystem with clients’ needs foremost.
UX IA Consulting & Services Strategy, Solutions Design, Project Management, Knowledge Mgt & Customer Insights
Information Architecture | User Experience | User Interface Design | User Testing and Workflow | Business Vocabulary | Metadata | Classification/Taxonomy Indexing systems | Strategic Information Services | Systems Insights and Information Retrieval | Content Management | Knowledge Management | Software as a Service (SaaS) | Cloud Hosting Ops | Consulting | Customer Care
GoogleDrive Suite | Figma | OneDrive, Office365, MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Sway | SQL within MS Access | Raw SQL Editing | SQL Boolean Joins and Union Queries | MS Project | Visio | Wix | Raw HTML Editing | Responsive Design for Mobile | Adobe Pro | Photoshop | Lotus Notes Collaboration Suite | Box for Office, Box Sync, Box Drive, Box Relay | #slack | Lotus SameTime Messenger | Q - Jabber , etc.